Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Frustration in the wake of Testpress

Well, from my post last week I clearly knew what the issue was with the track "Faraway" before going into Testpress, but I didn't have the time to correct it. The judges didn't particularly care for it for that very reason: it lost its groove.

The track hits the best part and then loses energy and never recovers before the short ending at 3:30. I should go back in and make a longer edit of the track with an extended dance section. Sonically, it also felt a tad too strident in the mids and lower mids. Either my ears were fatigued when I worked on it last or there's an issue with the HD room at Pyramind. They HAVE been planning to reshoot that room for awhile now.

At any rate, I am happy for Jay, Nick, and Alex. They did a great job and deserved to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment