Thursday, September 29, 2011

TestPress 2011 Tomorrow

The Testpress event takes place tomorrow and I have a track named "Faraway" in it.

I sometimes tend to feel like I'm on shaky ground with electronic music, particularly with club and dance. Since my current workflow tends toward linear composition, I have trouble finding a good groove and just sticking with it. Linear composition is fine for orchestral music and scoring to picture, but it has a tendency to drive me towards constant change, which can negatively impact groove. The Testpress event also has a track time limit of 3:30, which probably also contributes to a rushed pace. Either way, I've lost perspective.

I'll be assisting with operation of the event and will have better feedback after the review tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment